See All News
A Pain in the Back
Back pain is one of the most common types of pain, yet often times it can be prevented. Here are five tips to help you reduce the risk of developing back pain:
- Posture is the key. Keeping the right amount of curvature in the back takes pressure off the nerves and will help to reduce back pain.
- Strengthen your core. If your abdominal muscles are weak, your back is going to pick up the slack. Strengthening those muscles will reduce the strain on your back while even enhancing your balance and stability.
- Stretch it out. An excess of tension and tightness can easily cause back pain. Improve your flexibility by incorporating some stretching into your day. For example, lie on the ground, scoot your bottom up against the wall and swing your feet up onto the wall.
- Relax those muscles. Invest in a heating pad, Epsom bath salt or even a cold pack. These products will help to loosen those muscles and relieve pain.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Make sure you have a quality mattress, sleep in a comfortable position and get plenty of rest during the night.